Often times in todays “Hyper-Connection” age it is easy to allow ourself to Chase success
Chase Fame…but what is the fame, likes and attention for? Is that your Utopia?
If it is, Rock on But I honestly feel sorry for you …
I recently have immersed myself following and studying some of the online communities most prolific people.
and guess what? I HATE IT…I HATE WHAT THEY ARE DOING….Its fine I guess for them BUT really it isn’t
Its not building community
Its not building real relationships
Its not caring more because people matter
Nope…Its Hyper active, Arrogant, obnoxious, manipulation
Its a masterclass on vanity and shallowness of the Mass
Its a Masterclass on what I LOVE the remarkable, Weird, niche, and small
I have learned some basic rules I plan to utilize in my development
- Show up everyday
- Provide something of Value ( which ironically is something he doesn’t preach himself)lol
- Be Generous to your community – however telling them that the reason you are generous is only because you believe you are better than all of them …hmmm
- Ideas need Execution…Very True, we always need to lean into tension and start
So after all of about two weeks I have unsubscribed, and looked inward to see my Utopia
What Utopia looks like to ME
- Being VERY special, important, meaningful to my specific Tribe
- Embracing the Engagement that only comes genuinely and generously with a Less is more mentality
- Always striving to be “Worlds Best” no matter what the “worlds” actual scope
- Small and very involved team…
For me Financial success is absolutely the Prize but with the success is the real prize for me – Freedom…
Freedom not to posses more stuff
Freedom to experience more..Travel, Experiences, helping others achieve more through my story too.
I would love to spend a summers in Italy with my family, writing which is something of a goal I guess, to become a good writer and create something for my daughter..
I have difficulty setting goals because I am horrible with setting a material vision…I don’t want a lot of stuff. Stuff traps you. I want Freedom.
So thats my story…Thank you so much Derek Sivers, Seth Godin and Tim Ferriss- You all add so much value to the world in such a generous manner. You all also validate that we do not need be hyper connected, and thats inspiration.
So tell me – Whats is your utopia?