- At this stage in my career (journey) I am eagerly following thought leaders Seth Godin, Gary Vaynerchuk, and Derek Sivers all who provide meaningful insights through their work. The personal enrollment for me comes through courses such as this featured on Udemy and directly participating in the AltMBA6. For me it is a daily quest to be a better version, open to change, open to mistakes and always doing my best to be self aware and empathetic towards others.
- From the point of view of what being “enrolled” in my mission looks like? What that change involves? Its ultimately less about a tangible product and most about a Mindset. In everything “WE” do I only ask that those around me understand and hold certain criteria:
- They are Self Aware of their Strengths and also weaknesses. That with that comes the understanding that anything we do “Might work, but it also Might NOT” and thats ok as long as we have a environment of learning, a “Growth Mindset ” as a team.
- That we understand as a team and all value the “Change” we are striving to create.
- That #giving is something in all of our DNA as a team, That #Mattering more is not a tagline and we all are conscious of this fact.
- That we all are aware that what we are doing, creating ultimately goes nowhere if we do not eagerly put it into the world for others.
3. In thinking about the “C” people in my organization, and what makes them think like “C” players I believe the Culture of “moneys worth” or “Factory” is responsible for estinguishing these people bringing their creativity or “A” game to this place. With this “Fixed Mindset” comes several very unwanted attachments:
- A stay in my lane , head down and wait for the bell attitude
- A separation from leadership and a belief that “They” do not represent “us”
- A play it Safe, do not risk showing your weaknesses approach to challenges that arise, a don’t raise your hand approach.
For me this prompt has really opened my eyes. Its about leaders eating last. Its about leadership being there for everyone. Its adding the WHY back into the company culture. it is the missing link.
On a personal position, my brand I am reffering to is situated across country and filled with people looking for a culture shift. I am not referring towards the outward mission, the company WHY. No, what I am making reference towards is rather the internal narrative that has not infused the building with energy, passion and the Hustle that it needs. This prompt has me at this point establishing a week Company Reboot in January and a place in the office at minimum 1 week per quarter in 2017. It is important I have a relationship with them and we all adopt as a whole a true “Growth Mindset”. Tech has made it easy to lead from afar however these are good people and I want them to feel and truly be not coming to work , but rather on a mission together!
Its the only way.